Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I’ll take working in the media or fashion industry for 2000 Please.

I’ve always envisioned myself as someone that would work in the media/fashion industry in front of a camera having the time of life while connecting with viewers all of the world. Is that too much to ask to be one of the individuals that LOVE their job?

Jobs that catch my attention are shows like TRL, Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations, The Dish, Entertainment Tonight and Project Runway to name a few.





Looking at shows of this nature makes me say to myself “I can definitely do that!”  But I’m not exactly sure how to get there. I think that is the one thing that gets many of us in a rut, we don’t know what the next step to pursuing our dreams is or who exactly to contact. In some cases that whole it’s not what you know it’s who you know deal would come in pretty handy.  Since I don’t have that at the moment I have to rely on my job searches to lead me to some type of outlet to meet someone that could point me in the right direction.


The problem is sometimes they are not always pointing you in the right direction and confusion inevitable.  Then I’m right back to the drawing board… sigh.



A career in media/fashion would be ideal for me because I have experience being on-air talent; I’m animated, articulate, creative, confident, care-free, a team player, stylish and professional.  I’m sure I can impress many people IF I were just able to get my foot in the door…or even a pinky toe. 

 Grabbing an opportunity like this shouldn’t be hard right? I mean even Barbie has the occupation I desire. But then again Barbie has EVERYTHING ...right?



Here are some images of jobs I desire to do ONE DAY.




If anyone knows of contacts that could assist me in my search of landing my dream job by all means forward that information to my email: patriciaawosiyan@hotmail.com

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. I had read this blog before but I just decided to re-read and comment. I went to do an interview recently it's the first interview I can remember where I felt so confident and relaxed. I felt that I was truly prepared, had no time for nervousness because it kinda just happened. I saw an ad, having been applying since leaving college, I figure why not give it a go it's definitely not what I really wanna do but what the heck. Well the ad said drop off application and picture in person for pre screening- as I dropped it off and headed out the door I said to my self was that the pre-screening? all they did was take my application, resume and pic, so I said well guess that's just another one of those things. I happened to jus go to a Bob marley symposium in the area deciding not to go straight home,as I rocked to the time old tunes of redemption song the words "emancipate yourself from mental slavery" resonated in my ears, a few minutes later my phone rang it was them telling me come in for a first interview. good thing I had been decently dressed, no time for nervousness, I almost ran there, so happy to be called but a little mad cuz they allowed me to leave, anyways it felt like I had known the interviewer for years anywho who knows where that will lead (to a second interview). If I've only gotten one good thing out of the experience it was this quote from the interviewer. "THE BEST PLACE TO FIND A JOB IS WHILE YOU ARE IN A JOB" that's when you get to meet different people and who knows, the person you meet on this job can possible point you in a direction that takes you one step closer to the dream. I'm using that as motivation. Hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete